Tuesday 4 November 2008

New York Marathon

My uncle ran the New York marathon this weekend to raise money for Cancer Research UK. He ran the course in just under 4 and a half hours. I was so proud of him, he has previously run the London marathon to raise money for cancer charities.

These charities are close to my heart after Mum having cancer several years ago. Unfortunatley I wasn't able to go out to support him as it is term time but I was cheering him on from home and you can see that he had a good crowd out there with him to cheer him on.

Congratulation martyn - what an achievement!
Thanks to Charlotte for the below photos:





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow a big well done to Martyn that's a huge achievement!

Emma XXX

Mrs_Tiggy said...

Well done to your Uncle!

jay670120 said...

WOW what a great thing to do ,A big well done martyn your uncle from me too x

Jo Power said...

Wow well done Martyn that a great achievement

Claire aka Feline said...

Way to go Martyn and for such a worth while cause, I hope all his efforts raised lots of money xxx

x Rachel x said...

Congratulations to your uncle, you must be very proud of him. What an achievment.
Rach x