Monday 3 November 2008

Gifts

I made these notebooks as an end of year gift for my class this summer. It's traditional to give a little something and it's always hard to find something that is reasonably priced.

I bought some cheapy lined notebooks from Asda that cost me a grand total of £3.60 and the pens were £1 for a pack of 10. I covered the fronts of the books with scraps of cardstock and patterned paper stuck down with double sided tape so it wouldn't come off again in the childrens' hands. I then added letter stickers to spell out their names and embellishments I thought suited that child. These aren't the best photos in the world but should be able to give you a bit more of an idea! Thanks to Emma for the prompt to post these photos!



5 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow you have some lucky children in your class.
A really lovely selection of notebooks.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting them Vee, I wanted to look close up and I'm not disappointed they are so lovely and the children in your class are really lucky to get such gorgeous little gifts.

Emma XXX

Claire said...

wow, lovely books, what a great idea

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

aww those are lovely, i'm sure your children in your class will love them xx

x Rachel x said...

Really lovely books, your class have a very nice teacher!!
Rach x