Wednesday 12 November 2008

Encyclopedia of ordinary life


It's taken me a little longer than I said but here are the photos of my Encyclopedia of Ordinary life. It's a project from CKU that was run in 2005 and there were lots of posts on UKS about it (which I've tried to find but no longer seem to exist).

The thing that appealed to me about this album was the fact that it was a simple template that built into an album that would be an actual record of me at the time, or in my case over the 2 years that it took me to complete.

The original class called for computerised journalling but I feel that hand-written is more personal so I adapted the album to suit me. Here are a few photos of the fnished album.

If anyone would like the class, I have a PDF file of the original but can't work out how to upload that to my blog, if anyone knows how, please do let me know.


10 comments:

Shirley said...

This album looks amazing, thanks for sharing :)

voodoo vixen said...

Its beautiful and can you imagine looking back on this in a decade or two?

Vee said...

I think it would be interesting to see how much has changed 20 years down the line... and how much still applies!

Anonymous said...

amazing idea, and your album looks so fab! would love a copy of the original file if poss so i can have a go myself. am x

Jo Power said...

What a lovely idea and truely stunning.

Kerry said...

It looks like a fab class. I particularly like your pier photograph with the sun setting behind it.

Alix said...

wow i saw this ages ago...and now you've inspired me to rethink and have a go at this...such a super idea!!!

x Rachel x said...

Beautiful album, & i'm sure it was worth the time & effort you have put in to it. A great way to look back & see how you've changed & how your life changes.Well done :)
Rach x (& thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!)

jay670120 said...

it looks like youve put a lot of work into this , well done looks fab x

Unknown said...

A great idea, it looks super.