Tuesday 17 November 2009

Difficult photos

Just a quick blog post about those scrappers block photos!

This layout is one which shows exactly the dilemma I often have about certain photos. I got my photos out (with a small mountain of patterned paper - I figured one of these would go with the dark background photos). But I did that thing where in the end I needed something to give the page a lift. And that lift came from the red stripe across the turquoise pattern.

Black Tie:

In the end, I like the white polka dots that frame the page and match the spotty letters, the sclloped edge seems to lift the square edges that were everywhere, and I tried to break this up more by cutting out the blck flowers to overlap the red card too. I'm pleased I didn't give up on these photos - all too tempting when it just doesn't quite work the way you hope!

3 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

It's a great LO - the blue is the lift to my eye, definitely worth keeping on!

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely LO.....I often find having chosen,and played around with papers for a page,I need to find something else to lift it.You've definately succeded here.

Pamela said...

Great layout!