Monday 16 November 2009

Blogging - why bother?

I signed up to Shimelle's blogging class nearly 2 weeks ago now (and this is the first time I have posted!)

For me, blogging is about being brave - about publishing my own work, sharing my thoughts and ideas to the creative scrapping community. Blogging is something I've wanted to 'properly' do for ages, whatevr proper blogging is. So my aim now that I have made a start is to make some time each week for me to log on and share my ideas, thoughts and layouts.

Here is a recent LO of mine:

I am a member of GirlguidingUK and run a Rnger group (aged 14 - 26). I've just had my 26th birthday and this means that I cannot wear this uniform anymore :( I love the turquoise, the vibrance and it just shows that everything must come to an end. I can still wear the navy uniform though.

I wanted this page to jump out at me from my album, to reflect the youth of the Senior Section, and I wanted it to be fun!

11 comments:

Mandymo said...

Love your LO, looking forward to seeing more!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Vee ~ What a great layout! Just popping in to say hello from Shimelle's class. :o)

scrappyjacky said...

This is a great LO.....and you're right about the gorgeous colour...looking forward to more of your work.

Anonymous said...

Definitely youth reflected and fun! Nice job. :o)

Emilie said...

This is a great LO! I love the colors you used and your photos are stunning! I am sure you will cherish this page a lot! It is always so hard to make a self portrait LO!

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

Great layout! I think Girl Guiding is like Girl Scouts in the USA, right? I loved the Girl Scouts, and look forward to being the leader when my daughter is older. I'm a classmate from Shimelle's class.

Carrie said...

Pretty layout! Never too late to start! :)

Sarah said...

Hi Just found your blog via Shimelle's class! I love this layout!

A Soldier Girl said...

Glad to see you out there being brave .. happy blogging

Anonymous said...

Hi Vee, Beautiful layout! I am proud of you for being brave and putting yourself out there...it is tough! Look forward to getting to know you!

Pamela said...

Love this!