Friday 7 August 2009

Layouts

Here are a few of my layout created at a semi-recent crop, I've really been inspired this year to use lots of colour:

Laughter:This layout was created from a page kit challenge that we all took part in. The papers and card are so not what I would have chosen but I like the way the page has turned out - the photo was taken on the scrapping weekend and printed on a one hour service!

A Few Things:
This layout was created as part of a 45 minute challenge. The idea of the challenge is to select your photo, all of your supplies and get the page scrapped in the 45 mins. We used to do a one hour challenge but found that many of us finished way before the deadline so we cut of 15 minutes. It seems a short amount of time, but it is amazing what you can achieve when you're working to a deadline.
Flap-flaps:
I think these papers are all from a kit but I'm not sure - wanted to try using a contrasting coloured title.
A Little Bird Told Me:
This is probably my favourite layouts - the photo was originally in full colour but all you could see were the bright pink and purple flowers and not the 2 objects I really wanted to see so I played with the colour using Picasa and only left the robin coloured. The orange was taken from the robin itself and the rest fitted in around it.

Birds of Paradise:
I love these flowers but they are really hard to photograph well. I played around with this layout for ages but stuck to the colours from the flower itself to bring out the best I could.

5 comments:

Carmen said...

45 mins to scrap a page? Blimey! I'm lucky if I get one done in a couple of hours.

That photo with the robin is lovely. What a moment to catch :)

Angie said...

I can take 2 days to get started lol ...must be great to work that speedily. Great LO's ... love the birdie one

Claire said...

fab LO's hun.
x

ally fiddy said...

Lovely LOs, particularly like your 45 min challenge one.

Anne said...

Fab layouts - I love those little numbers - are they buttons? badges?