Wednesday 15 September 2010

I'm a World Explorer

I had an exciting Amazon delivery today! I ordered Keri Smith's How to be an Explorer of the World. It's by Keri Smith who's Wreck my journal I've had before. I love the way Keri approaches the world: no rules, no worries, just honesty and fun!

The opening page tells you to flick the book open to a random page and start. I did the 'Right Where You're Sitting' challenge. The idea is that you write 10 observation of the things around you. Here's what I put:

1. There is an empty paracetamol packet on the table.
2. The sound of the hob (my pasta cooking) is loud!
3. From here I can hear Dave pulling up in the Mini :) (turns out it wasn't Dave at all)
4. The photo frame on the hi-fi unit is wonky.
5. The paint roller (Dave's in the middle of painting the hall) casts an interesting shadow.
6. Kira has left the green cat toy ball on the floor under the curtain.
7. I like writing lists, it's calming.
8. Dinner smells good!
9. I really am tired but haven't allowed myself to stop all day.
10. Our sofa definitely has the slouchability factor.

What a wonderful way to take stock of all the little things around us!

4 comments:

Glen said...

Hi Victoria. I have been looking at your layouts and love your style - great accent on the photos. *Ü* Love that list of 'where I am'. Not sure I want to do that in my messy room right now though! LOL. TFS. ~Glen~

Jenny said...

I like it! I might have to head to Amazon myself now! xx

Catherine said...

This book sounds fantastic, I am going to hunt it down

Bhavna said...

hii...let me try that one too. Who is keri smith ? psychologist? let me google and find out more and can you also help me with the name of the book...seems to be very interesting would like try many such challenges

thanks for sharing

visit me at
http://autom-atic.blogspot.com/