Sunday 11 December 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!

We put up our Christmas tree yesterday. I just love the fairy lights - so beautiful! I was watching Kirstie's homemade Christmas this week and she said a Christmas tree should be like a scrapbook, full of collected items over the years. So as I was unpacking my favourites, I thought I'd share some with you!
Silver Christmas tree. This is a new ornament - each year my sister, who now lives in Essex, and I decorate Mum and Dad's tree together and take a portrait photo - it's a tradition Mum and Dad started when we were little and it's so special to be able to get together every year and speand the time together.

Father Christmas. This Father Christmas used to hang on Mum and Dad's tree when we were little and it was my favourite ornament. So Mum kindly gave him to me and now he hangs on our tree - always near the top.

Wooden heart - when we were little, I remember making sewn felt hearts to go on the tree with Mum. We sat down together us three girls and Mum showed us how to sew the edges and stuff the inside with wadding. Each one had a little sequin and ribbon sewn on and 20 years later they still come out and adorn Mum's tree. When we put it up next weekend, I'll try and take some photos so you can see. I'd love to be able to make some of my own for our tree.

This decoration was given to me last year by a girl in my class - it's a mini snow globe bauble, beautiful and I think it will be hangin on my tree for many years to come!


My favourite way to see the tree - lit up and sparkling. DO you have any special ornaments that always adorn your tree? I've made some thins year with the help of Dave. Will post the results soon!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Lovely tree! Must try to get mine put up today :)